Welcome to the December edition of Neal's Young Guns. This issue, I thought I would add a few from the past and a few from the present. It is definitely getting tougher to find Young Guns. Let's begin!
The Official Site: shredguitarist.org
Submit your videos here: youtube.com/NealsYoungGuns
1. Bireli Lagrene: This is him when he was 13 year old playing at the Montreal Jazz Festival. The guy is an absolute monster!! even when he was very young.
2. Irina Kulikova: This is her when she was 13, playing "El Colibri". Unreal!
3. Marina: This is 7 year-old Marina performing a Fernando Sor piece. Pretty impressive for a 7 year-old.
4. Shawn Roberts: According to his profile he is 13 and the video was uploaded 2 years ago so that makes him 11? Anyways his performance of Jose Ferrer's "Vals Espanol" is very nicely done.
5. Lim Chi Ye: I think she is 5. Is this for real? She's playing what I believe is a Korean lute or mandolin/banjo-like instrument called Oungum or Bipa. Anyways, she shreds pretty hard on it.
6. James Bell: 13 year-old winner for Guitarist Magazine's 2011 contest.
7. Jack Gardiner:15 year-old Jack. Very impressive!
8. Alejandra Mesliuk: I'm not sure how old she is, but she does a really nice 8 finger tapping piece.
9. Yuto Miyazawa: 9 year-old Yuto performing Ozzy's "Crazy Train" on Ellen Degeneres.
10. Quinn Sullivan: 9 year-old Quinn playing Stevie Ray Vaughan's "Texas Flood"
Hope you enjoy these. Until next month!
Neal Nagaoka, a guitarist and composer from California, has 28 years of studying and performing experience along with 25 years of teaching guitar students. His most recent CD "Transition" features ten hard rock and metal instrumentals.
Send comments or questions to: